How to Publish?
You have developed and validated a measurement instrument (items, scale, questionnaire, test, index) and would like to publish it visibly, permanently available, and citable in the long term? This is possible in ZIS, even if you have already published or made available your instrument elsewhere (e.g., in a journal or book, or on your own website). You can publish your instrument in ZIS for free under the following conditions:
- Availability. Free use for non-commercial research purposes.
- Relevance. Relevant for research in the social sciences.
- Integrity. Information on the development and the validation is available.
- Topicality. Empirically tested on at least one current and heterogeneous sample.
The five steps of publication
- Documentation. Document your measurement instrument using the materials provided.
- Submission. Submit the documentation of your measurement instrument via the submission portal. In the spirit of Open Science, we ask you to publish your data and codes in the GESIS datorium.
- Feedback. You will receive feedback from the ZIS team within four weeks. In an internal review-like process, we work with you to ensure that your documentation meets established quality standards.
- Licensing. Define rights of use for your publication. The copyright remains with you. You can choose between these CC-BY license agreements. Please send us the signed usage agreement as a scan by e-mail.
- DOI Registration. Your measurement instrument and its documentation is published on the ZIS website and registered by us with a DOI at the da|ra. This makes your publication permanently accessible, and citable in the long term.
For questions about publishing in ZIS, please contact the ZIS Team.